Monday, August 8, 2011

Need. Help. Please.

Ever feel like the world is getting you down? Feel like someone has their big ole foot on your head and won't let you up for a breath? Well, I'm feeling that way today. 
Two nights ago my 3-year-old had a bad dream or something and decided to headbutt my face at 4:00 a.m. Talk about a wake up call.  My mouth was bloody and my tooth loose... not sure how it will all work out cosmetically but my son didn't even wake up and only had a small bump on his head the next morning - so all is well, I guess. 

I was thinking about how I was feeling and wondered if any of my charms might offer me the little extra help I'm looking for these days - and guess what? There is. Our little cute friend the monkey is a symbol for help in child rearing and caring for the elderly. It's a total nurturing symbol.
In the wild, female monkeys help take care of all the family members - all of them-  from young to old.  I"m sure there is plenty that I can learn from them right now.
So today I think I will add my little friend "cheeta" to my charm cluster; cause Momma needs all the help she can get!

The monkey is also a symbol of intelligence, respect and communication.

1 comment:

  1. These stories are so beautifully woven- I am really looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete